Thursday 8 January 2015

The British Tag


When I was little, my Dad always used to call me his little English rose, so I think that this tag is perfect for me! I love Britain. I love the fact that we get to see the four seasons and I love the fact that no matter where you go, you are guaranteed to hear a different accent. I often go on holiday to Pembrokeshire in Wales in the Summer and there have been times when I have been lying on the beach and I thought I was somewhere abroad. I go to Scotland every Winter and it turns into a beautiful Winter wonderland. Then England in Autumn is just a rainbow of coppers, gold and reds. I can honestly say that I don't think I will be leaving home anytime soon!

After my little attempt of a poetic ramble there, I shall explain. This is the British Tag. I was sort of tagged I guess, by the wonderful blogger A Piece Of Elish. So I tag all of you fellow blogger readers!

 How many cups of tea do you have a day? How many sugars?

Oooohhh do I really have to count? I would say around 10... I know that is a lot. But I don't take sugar!

Favourite part of the roast?
My favorite part of the roast is the whole thing! Every Sunday I never forget to make a roast dinner. I would have to say though Yorkshire Puddings soaked in Gravy would be my favorite bit. Or stuffing! I love stuffing!

Favourite dunking biscuit?
Shortbread. It has to be shortbread.

Favourite quintessentially British past-time?
Possibly my elocution lessons. They were difficult, but they were fun!

Favourite British word?

"Canny". Being brought up a Geordie, that was a very common phrase in our house.

Cockney rhyming slang?

I know that my boyfriend has told me some of these... but I can't remember any. I do live up North...

Favourite British sweet?

Parma Violets! Without a doubt. When I worked in a bar, there was a man who would come in for 1 pint of ale every Sunday to give me a packet of Parma Violets! He was blooming lovely!

What would your pub be called?
The Unicorn! With the exclamation mark!

No. 1 British person?
Winston Churchill. May be a slightly obvious one. But when I was growing up, my parents house was literally like a shrine to that man! OOO or Audrey Hepburn as she was a British Citizen... She is my idol.

Favourite shop/ restaurant?

The Metro Centre! Can that count? It contains many shops and restaurants! =]

What's the first British song that pops into your head?
"When I'm Cleaning Windows" 

Marmite- love or hate?
I am not sure... hold on... my boyfriend has some in the cupboard, I have always been too scared to try it, but now seems as good a time as any... 

OMG NO! WHAT IS THIS STUFF!? Also sticking my finger in the jar was not a good idea. It is much stickier than I imagined.

Well what a lovely tag. It went from good to bad very quickly. Now please excuse me whilst I go and brush my teeth.


Rachael xx


PS. Seriously though, how the hell can anyone like that stuff? It tasted like something burnt... Just not right.

3 comments:

  1. Wow you have ten cups of tea a day, that is so many! I only have about 3-4!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?! I never realised how many I have until I answered that question! I was like like, "holy moly, I think I might need to cut back a bit here!" xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'The Unicorn' made me laugh so hard because it is so awesome! Nice pick! And 10 cups a day?! You're a champion, haha! :D

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete